Early childhood caries (ECC) is one of the most common chronic diseases of childhood.
This issue of the Colgate Oral Care Report cover this topic as well as the Impact of Hospitalization on Oral Health as well as Visiting Dental Practices Over Healthcare Providers: An opportunity to Identify Unaddressed Systemic Health Conditions at Dental Visits.
Upon completion of reading these articles, the clinician will be able to:
- Learn the details of an important study that unveiled a new microbial species associated with severe early childhood caries
- See why the dental professional’s ability to uncover symptoms of various systemic health disorders has taken on greater significance
- Understand why poor oral health in hospital settings can contribute to an increased incidence of hospital-acquired infections
- Know why a licorice-containing lollipop could become a unique way of preventing tooth decay
- Discover disparities in the use of different restorative materials between North American dental schools and practices of those of other regions of the world