This issue of the Colgate Oral Care Report covers several important topics including the use of cone-beam tomography childhood oral care, dental implants and collaborative care of the Xerostomic patient.
Upon completion of reading these articles, the clinician will be able to:
- Discover the advantages and limitations of cone-beam computed tomography as a diagnostic radiographic imaging technique
- Understand why parents and caregivers play a crucial role in the utilization of dental services to prevent childhood caries
- Learn about recent evidence suggesting that a history of periodontal disease predisposes to peri-implant complications and implant loss
- Be aware of the necessity for parents and dental professionals to provide good oral hygiene care to children during infancy, and to encourage them to adopt and maintain good oral hygiene habits as they get older; and
- Gain insight into the primary causes of xerostomia, and the need for collaboration between dental professionals and physicians on its causes and treatments.