This issue of the Oral Care Reports reviews Xerostomia and provides compelling reasons for oral health professionals to take a new look at this condition and its complications.
Additional topics include relationship between Tooth Loss and Quality of Life, the effective use of computer-aided design/computer-assisted manufacture (CAD/CAM) in single and implant crowns , Obstructive Sleep Apnea treatment techniques as well as the increasing use of Silver Diamine Fluoride as a caries preventive agent.
Upon completion of reading these articles, the clinician will be able to:
- Know the impact an aging population will have on the prevalence
and severity of xerostomia .
- Better understand the relationship between tooth loss, oral health, and quality of life.
- See why in the future CAD/CAM will play an increasing role in dental education and clinical dentistry.
- Know the dangers associated with obstructive sleep apnea and the relative effectiveness of its various methods of treatment.
- Learn why silver diamine fluoride is growing in popularity as a caries preventive agent.