Colgate Oral Care Report Series – VOLUME 27 No 1 – Lead Article: Importance of the Opioid Epidemic for the Dental Profession
This issue of the Oral Care Reports cover a very important topic for our times- The dental professionals role in the opioid epidemic.
Other important topics include Dental Care for Patients Using Oral Anticoagulant Therapy, Teledentistry, Testing for HIV in the Dental Office, and Clinical Management of Xerostomia/Hyposalivation
Upon completion of reading these articles, the clinician will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of the opi- oid epidemic, and the steps that can be taken by members of the dental profession to address this public health problem.
- Learn why evidence-based guidelines for the management of dental patients on VKAs are strong, though those for patients taking DOACs are lacking.
- Know the application of teledentistry to improved, cost-effective care, particu- larly where access to care is limited.
- See the value of and the role dental professionals can play in the early detection of HIV.
- Understand why the prevalence of xerostomia and hyposalivation is increasing, and be familiar with the cur- rent and experimental approaches to treatment.
Target audience: Dentists, dental assistants and hygienists
Release date: Thursday, March 16, 2017
Expiration date: Monday, March 16, 2020
“Colgate Oral Care Report Series – VOLUME 27 No 1 – Lead Article: Importance of the Opioid Epidemic for the Dental Profession” is co-sponsored by Tribune Group GmbH. Tribune Group GmbH is a recognized ADA CERP and AGD PACE provider.