Colgate Oral Care Report Series – VOLUME 27 No 2 – Lead Article: Electronic Cigarettes and Oral Health
This issue provides a wide range of diverse topics including counseling patients on electronic cigarette use, waterline maintenance, 3 rd molar extraction strategies and special considerations for patients with cardiac conditions.
Upon completion of reading these articles, the clinician will be able to:
- Recognize the challenges associated with the growing electronic cigarette trend and the steps the dental profession can take to assure appropriate use of these devices.
- Learn the importance of regularly monitoring and treating dental unit water-lines to maintain a water quality that is safe for patient care.
- See the value of cone beam computed tomography in the treatment planning for patients at risk for inferior alveolar nerve exposure/injury during removal of mandibular third molars.
- Understand how oral infection and inflammation associated with endodontic lesions may put patients at risk for coronary heart disease.
- Know why caution must be taken when using dental equipment known to emit electromagnetic energy on patients with implanted cardiac pacemakers and cardioverter-defibrillators.
Target audience: Dentists, dental assistants and hygienists
Release date: Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Expiration date: Sunday, May 31, 2020
“Colgate Oral Care Report Series – VOLUME 27 No 2 – Lead Article: Electronic Cigarettes and Oral Health” is co-sponsored by Tribune Group GmbH. Tribune Group GmbH is a recognized ADA CERP and AGD PACE provider.