This issue of the Colgate Oral Care Report provides valuable updates on some of today’s hottest topics including the impact of obesity on oral health, the concept of oil-pulling as well as peri implant disease and foreign matter and tooth loss and dementia.
Upon completion of reading these articles, the clinician will be able to:
- Understand the relationship between obesity and oral health and the importance of oral hygiene education as it is linked to a healthy lifestyle, including personal hygiene, diet control, limiting alcohol intake, and smoking cessation.
- Better evaluate the claims made for the oral health benefits of oil pulling.
- Weigh the advantages of CAD/CAM for digital complete denture fabrication against the cost of introducing the technology into the practice.
- Know the evidence supporting a possible biological connection of tooth loss as a factor in dementia.
- Recognize the role of foreign bodies as contributing factors in peri-implant mucositis and peri- implantitis.