HPV: A Cause for Concern
Jacquelyn Fried RDH, MS
This course will address HPV associated head and neck cancers, their characteristics, known risk factors, theories regarding their etiology and roles oral health professionals can assume in their prevention, detection and referral.
Participants will learn:
- National and global trends related to the incidence and prevalence of HPV associated head and neck cancers.
- How characteristics of oral (typically HPV negative) and oropharyngeal (typically HPV positive) cancers differ.
- Theories associating bacteria, inflammation, plaque biofilm and saliva with HPV positive head and neck cancers.
- Ways to enhance their current practices to address HPV associated head and neck cancers.
- Approaches to patient education regarding the prevention of HPV-associated head and neck cancers.
Target audience: Dentists and dental hygienists
“HPV: A Cause for Concern” is co-sponsored by Tribune Group GmbH. Tribune Group GmbH is a recognized ADA CERP and AGD PACE provider.
At the end of the webinar, after passing the C.E. Quiz, you will be able to download your ADA CERP and AGD PACE C.E. Certificates.