Non-Surgical Management of Periodontal Diseases: The Mainstay of Dental Therapy
Paul Levi, Jr. Associate Clinical Professor
A discussion of dental plaque and its etiologic effect on dental caries and periodontitis will initiate the Webinar, which will cover the following.
- How to motivate the dental patient to understand the importance of plaque removal on a daily basis
- Techniques for plaque removal by the patient and which are best for the specific patient
- The difference between scaling and root planing
- Instrument for scaling and root planing
- How to sharpen hand scalers
- How to establish an effective hygiene maintenance program
“Non-Surgical Management of Periodontal Diseases: The Mainstay of Dental Therapy” is co-sponsored by Tribune Group GmbH. Tribune Group GmbH is a recognized ADA CERP and AGD PACE provider.
At the end of the webinar, after passing the C.E. Quiz, you will be able to download your ADA CERP and AGD PACE C.E. Certificates.
- The etiology of periodontal diseases
- Effective motivating techniques
- Techniques to teach patients brushing and flossing and other devices
- Scaling and root planing instruments
- An easy and effective method of hand instrument sharpening
- An effective maintenance program and an appropriate interval for the specific patient