Progress & Innovation for the Oral Health of the Underserved Populations
Sarita Arteaga DMD, MA, MAGD, Ivan Lugo DMD, MBA
This symposium will present the data collected from roundtable discussions throughout the US.
These discussions included dental school deans, students, researchers, industry leaders, organized dentistry leaders and impassioned oral health care providers. The discussions focused on innovative opportunities to meet the needs of underserved communities, children, the elderly and special needs patients both here in the US and globally.
Participants will learn:
- The role of dental Industry and other key leaders on reducing the disparity of caries in the underserved populations
- Suggestions to augment the pipelines for recruitment of underrepresented individuals into careers in dentistry
- How including race and ethnicity in the Healthy People 2020 can help with those objectives
- Strategies when discussing healthcare globally and abroad
- How public health organizations and dentistry can collaborate to help reduce the disparities existent in the geriatric population
- About new workforce models implemented in this digital age
- About educational gaps to address access to care in underserved populations
Dental school deans, students, researchers, industry leaders, organized dentistry leaders and impassioned oral health care providers interested in promoting oral and overall health in underserved communities
“Progress & Innovation for the Oral Health of the Underserved Populations” is co-sponsored by Tribune Group GmbH. Tribune Group GmbH is a recognized ADA CERP and AGD PACE provider.
At the end of the webinar, after passing the C.E. Quiz, you will be able to download your ADA CERP and AGD PACE C.E. Certificates.