Upon completion of this course, the clinician will be able to:
- Recognize the importance good verbal skills in patient interaction.
- Understand the cycle of communication.
- Recognize barriers to communication with regard to patient care.
- Implement new strategies for reducing disappointments.
- Use effective analogies when discussing different aspects of dental treatment.
- Respond effectively to treatment concerns.
- Respond to patients that refuse radiographs or definitive treatment recommendations.
- Understand the informed consent and informed refusal process.