To claim your C.E. Certificate you need to login. Once you are logged in you will be able to type in your C.E. Certificate claim code you have received.
Improving Oral Health: Are We Getting the Best from Our Patients
Ever wonder why patients don't follow all your oral care recommendations no matter what you do?
Ever wonder why patients don’t follow all your oral care recommendations no matter what you do?
This course will explore the concepts behind behavior change.
- What are the obstacles to changing behavior, and what we can do to enhance our oral care conversation with our patients to facilitate their innate motivation to change?
- We will have an in-depth discussion on Motivational Interviewing in the dental office complete with time to practice this proven treatment option.
- We will also review an online program to help support your oral health conversation, the Gum Health Physical.
At the end of this educational activity the participant will be able to:
- Define motivational interviewing as it relates to behavior change in patients.
- Understand the role denial plays in motivating change
- Be familiar with communication styles that resonate with patients in communication, their participation, their gingival health.
- Understand the 6 Transtheoretical Stages of Change.
- Demonstrate motivational interviewing to elicit the patients desire to change.
Target audience: Dentists, dental assistants and hygienists
“Improving Oral Health: Are We Getting the Best from Our Patients” is co-sponsored by Tribune Group GmbH. Tribune Group GmbH is a recognized ADA CERP and AGD PACE provider.