Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® Dental Van Volunteer Experience
Dental volunteering and education can take place outside a dental clinic setting and this program provides free dental screenings and oral health education. You can participate in, and create your own, opportunities by bringing oral care education into the community you serve. Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures is an opportunity to do just that, and has reached more than 1 billion children across 80 countries.
You are caring for the community!
As always, you should have their interests and health in mind. Seeking volunteering opportunities with the Colgate BSBF program, will help broaden your volunteering experiences and perspectives in dentistry in public health settings, always serving from a place of humility and respect.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Educate children, parents, the community about the importance of oral health
- Understand the importance of having updated treatment referral lists and its impact on access to care
- Understand the importance of data while working in public health
- Understand the role and impact of dental professional in the community
- Understand and participate in Colgate BSBF program recording results process