Evidence-based Ergonomic & Wellness Strategies for Career Longevity
Did you know that one-third of dentists who retire early are forced to, due to a musculoskeletal disorder? Untreated pain can result in physical & financial disaster!
Now, more than ever, during the COVID-19 pandemic, mental stress can add to physical demands in the operatory, resulting in pain. However, due to the multi-factorial nature of work-related pain in dentistry, rarely does a single intervention (i.e. new loupes, strength training) permanently resolve chronic pain issues.
Research reveals 5 key areas that are essential to effectively resolving work-related pain in dentistry. The sequence in which these are implemented is also integral to successfully resolving pain.
This dynamic, interactive webinar introduces ground-breaking education that can help rejuvenate your love of doing dentistry and transform your life!
Participants will learn:
- The etiologies of work-related pain in dentistry.
- The single most important dental ergonomic intervention to prevent neck pain.
- A technique that down-regulates stress, corrects posture, and helps prevent neck, low back and sacro-iliac pain.
- How to identify trigger points and the mechanisms by which they develop.
- A painful muscle imbalance pattern to which dental professionals are uniquely prone.
- The best type of exercise to prevent pain in dentistry.
Bethany Valachi PT, DPT, MS, CEAS (Doctor of Physical Therapy, Certified Ergonomic assessment Specialist)More courses with Bethany Valachi
Dr. Bethany Valachi, PT, DPT, MS, CEAS is author of the book, “Practice Dentistry Pain-Free”, clinical instructor of ergonomics at OHSU School of Dentistry in Portland, OR and is recognized internationally as ‘the’ expert in dental ergonomics. For over 20 years, Dr. Valachi has helped thousands of dental professionals prevent pain and extend their careers with her relevant, evidence-based dental ergonomic education. She has published more than 80 articles in dental journals and offers dental ergonomic CE video training and webinars on her website at www.posturedontics.com.